1. Applicant must be a full time teacher in grades K-12 and a graduate of the AITC Educator's Ag Institute. Previous Grand Prize winners and runners-up are ineligible to apply.
2. When completing the application, you may use additional pages if needed. Include any supplemental materials, such as pictures, students’ work, newspaper articles, etc. that support your application.
The completed applications and supporting material must be postmarked by June 15, 2015 (or the succeeding business day) Items should be mailed to:
Pennsylvania Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers
Teacher of the Year Award
PO Box 8736 510 S 31st St
Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736
3. The winners will receive materials that teach about agriculture, targeted to their grade level, plus cash awards as follows:
Grand Prize - $200 cash and $350 worth of materials to be selected by the teacher.
The Grand Prize winner also receives $1,000 toward a trip to the 2016 National AITC Conference
1st Runner Up - $100 cash and $250 worth of materials to be selected by the teacher
(Winners receive a voucher for instructional materials targeted to his or her grade level to be redeemed by December 31, 2015)
4. The winners should be prepared to share their ideas, innovative teaching methods and mechanisms for integrating agriculture into the curriculum with PFB staff so their story may be shared on the AITC Educator's Ag Institute website and/or in PFB publications.
5. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges. Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- variety of agricultural concepts taught
- extent of integration into other subject matter
- use of creative techniques
- use of classroom, school, and community resources
The completed applications and supporting material must be postmarked by June 15, 2015 (or the succeeding business day)