The Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation was created in October of 1986 when a group of forward-thinking farmers and business leaders recognized the need to identify agricultural issues before they became problems. The Foundation’s mission was and is the preservation and promotion of agriculture – the largest of the Commonwealth’s industries.
Specifically, the Foundation seeks to:
● Enlighten the public about farming and agriculture
● Create educational programs for children in middle and elementary schools who may have no other exposure to agriculture
● Train teachers on agricultural concepts while helping them meet their own continuing education requirements
● Support farmland preservation
● Fund scholarships for postsecondary agricultural studies
● Promote career opportunities in agriculture
In fulfilling our mission, the Foundation relies on a diverse nexus of farmers, agribusinesses, nonagribusinesses, and consumers of the commodities provided by Pennsylvania farmers. All of these groups benefit when the Foundation achieves it goals.