AITC Educator's Ag Institute
This year's event: July 10 - 14, 2016
Many thanks to all the teachers who attended this year's Ag Institute.
To view a slideshow of the 2015 event, follow this link.
|Participants use hypsometers to calculate the number of logs contained in a standing tree during a sessionconducted by Penn State's School of Forest Recources|
Our Educators' Ag Institute is held annually in State College every July. It includes hands-on classroom sessions and tours. Our instructors are classroom teachers, industry professionals, and university professors.
We are looking for teachers, pre-service teachers and community educators that work with youth Pre K-12th grade that are interested in learning more about agriculture and incorporating it into your teaching.
NEW this year - Registration is open to new and past participants. New sessions and tours will be added annually. Schedule runs Sunday - Thursday.
You will gain:
- An increased knowledge of agriculture
- Lesson ideas and plans that are applicable to many subject areas
- Resources to take as well as a network of people that can assist you in
- bringing agriculture to your “classroom”
- Continuing Education Credits are available