Learn How Farm Bureau Works for You at Ag Progress Days!
Visit Pennsylvania Farm Bureau’s building during Ag Progress Days this summer to learn how we are working for you, your family and the future of agriculture. At our building, you can learn about our latest legislative initiatives and money saving benefits.
Ag Progress Days will be held Aug. 15-17 at Rock Springs on Route 45, nine miles southwest of State College. PFB’s building will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on August 16, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on August 17 and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on August 18.
Here’s what you will find at PFB’s building, located at East Fifth and Main Streets:
MSC Business Services—Farm Management Service account supervisors will be available to discuss the many business services available through PFB, including record keeping, tax planning and preparation, farm accounting software, and a no-hassle payroll service that takes the headaches out of payroll tax preparation.
Government Affairs and Communications—Staff will be available to provide you with information and updates on the issues affecting agriculture, and to discuss Farm Bureau’s state and national lobbying efforts on behalf of members.
Health Insurance—A PFB Health Services representative will have information on health insurance available to members and associate members.
Young Farmers & Ranchers—The State Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee will be on hand to discuss the leadership development and fellowship opportunities available to young farm families through YF&R programs. The State YF&R Committee will host a pedal tractor pull this year! Each participant will receive a prize!
Woman’s Leadership Committee— Committee members will have an educational handout called “What’s in My Burger” that teaches children the connections between food and agriculture, and volunteers will be reading from this year’s FARMtastic book “Before We Eat: From Farm to Table.” Committee members will also be available to discuss their role in the organization.
Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation—The foundation will have an interactive hop-scotch activity for kids where they learn about what farmers are doing to care for their animals and crops. There will also be a photo booth area.
Member benefits on display at Ag Progress Days include:
• Nationwide Insurance— Members can receive discounts on farm insurance from Nationwide. Agents will be on hand to discuss savings for members on auto, ATV, motorcycle, snowmobile and boat insurance, plus discounts on long-term care insurance.
• Amerigas will have a representative on hand to talk about discounts on propane and other benefits available to members.
• NRG will have representatives to discuss energy discounts available to members.
• Hersheypark® is a new member benefit that we are excited to offer this year. A representative will be in the building to help members take advantage of the discount on park tickets, and they will hold a drawing for tickets to an upcoming event.
• Ford/Lincoln – Members can meet with a representative to learn about the discounts available for Ford and Lincoln vehicles.
• M&T Bank will have representatives on hand to discuss their financial products and member benefits.
• Cleveland Brothers will be on hand to discuss member discounts on CAT equipment and accessories and have equipment on display.