Farm to Institution Wholesaling -
Opportunities to Assess Your Wholesale Readiness and Tools for Success
Save the Dates!
The Informational Webinar | Monday, September 25th | 4-5pm
The In-depth Workshop | Wednesday, December 6th | 10am-5pm | Harrisburg, PA
Interested in selling to schools, but having a hard time knowing if it’s right for your farm from a business perspective?
Join us at the webinar to learn how this wholesale readiness workshop will provide practical, repeatable tools to analyze new sales channels and determine if wholesaling is the right fit for your business.
This webinar is designed to give you an overview of what tools and assistance the in-depth December workshop will provide you with. We’ll have a look at the current and potential growth of this market, and how you could fit into it. And we’ll take a few moments during the webinar to touch on the most common barriers you could face when approaching and selling to schools, and a GAP certification reality check.
During the December workshop, we will work directly with you to assess whether your farm is right for sales to schools. This is your chance for hands-on assistance with determining the financial feasibility for your farm to develop sales to institutions - directly or through an intermediary or hub. Our goal is to have you leave this workshop knowing exactly how to determine if farm to school wholesale is a good fit for your business, and if yes, how to successfully develop those sales.
There is an application process for acceptance into the workshop, and workshop applicants will need to have a business accounting system already in place.
September 25th, 4-5pm
• Learn how the workshop will be different than all other farm to school readiness programs.
• Understand specific barriers you might need to overcome for selling to schools.
• Find out what you’ll need to do to apply for our hands-on workshop.
• Register for the webinar here.
December 6th, Harrisburg, 10am-5pm
• Work in a hands-on setting to assess your farm’s finances and discuss marketing strategies related to selling to schools.
• Gain the tools you’ll need to complete an opportunity assessment on whether farm to school is a fit for your business.
• Interact with subject matter experts who’ll share personal experiences with farm to school programs.
If you’re unable to attend the webinar, but interested in joining us for the workshop, please contact Elaine Lemmon at elaine@kitchentableconsultants or 267.281.3514.
Provided by PA Preferred™ and the PA Department of Agriculture.