Pennsylvania Farm Bureau | P.O. Box 8736 | Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736
Employment inquiries may be made with Pennsylvania Farm Bureau at any time.
MOBILE AG LAB TEACHER - part time, per diem
Title: Mobile Ag Lab Teacher
Division: Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation
Reports to: Friends of Agriculture Foundation Executive Director
The Foundation engages students by conducting experiments showing how agriculture impacts their lives. Ag Lab Teachers educate K-8 students in a climate-controlled 40’ classroom trailer which travels to different schools in Pennsylvania each week. This is a part-time, per diem position.
Read more about this program at www.pfb.com/aglab.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide instruction to classes on the Mobile Ag Lab stationed at a school.
• Lead classes through prescribed lessons which use the scientific method.
• Manage the classroom environment.
• Reset stations between scheduled classes, including light cleaning of countertops.
• Maintain inventory of lab supplies and materials.
• Purchase consumable experiment supplies (reimbursed expense).
• Foster a positive experience with students and the school.
• Pennsylvania Teacher’s Certificate, or equivalent
• Current Pennsylvania Clearances
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three years classroom experience
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of Pennsylvania agriculture
• Valid PA Driver’s License
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
TELECOMMUTE OPTION: 100% travel, requiring some overnight stays
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type. EOE.