On the Farm, at the Market
by G. Brian Karas (author and illustrator)
On the farm, workers pick vegetables, collect eggs, and make cheese. At the market the next day, the workers set up their stands and prepare for shoppers to arrive. Amy, the baker at the Busy Bee Café, has a very special meal in mind-and, of course, all the farmers show up at the café to enjoy the results of their hard work.
This informative book introduces children to both local and urban greenmarkets and paints a warm picture of a strong, interconnected community.
|Activity Pages (P indicates Primary)|
Solving Word Problems
|Complete Sentences P
Visit Different Farms
Take a trip to different farms across Pennsylvania with our Commodity Close Ups.
Create your own healthy meal based on our story, On the Farm, At the Market. For a print out to draw your meal click here.
Thank you to our sponsors
- The Growmark Foundation
- PA Pork Producers Council
- Pennsylvania Livestock Association
- Carl Brown
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Pennsylvania Soybean Board
- The Stabler Foundation
- Pennsylvania Grain Processing
- Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association
- Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation