The Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation was created in October of 1986 when a group of forward-thinking farmers and business leaders recognized the need to identify agricultural issues before they became problems. The Foundation’s mission was and is the preservation and promotion of agriculture – the largest of the Commonwealth’s industries. Specifically, the Foundation seeks to:
- Enlighten the public about farming and agriculture
- Create educational programs for children in middle and elementary schools who may have no other exposure to agriculture
- Train teachers on agricultural concepts while helping them meet their own continuing education requirements
- Support ag and preservation of the farm
- Fund scholarships for postsecondary agricultural studies
- Promote career opportunities in agriculture
“In fulfilling our mission, the Foundation connects with a diverse group of farmers, agribusinesses, non-agribusinesses, and consumers of the commodities provided by all Pennsylvania farmers. Through these relationships, we strive to attain our goals.”
New This Year....
We will be holding a contest for our most spirited trivia night team. Dress in your favorite sports team attire, use props, etc. to show your team spirit at this year's event.
|When:||Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019 Immediately Following Banquet|
|Location:||Ice Cream Social at PFB Annual Meeting|
| Participants and spectators are invited to join trivia night
immediately following the banquet.
|How to Play|
|1. Form a team of 5 to 10 players (friends, family, county
|2. Compete with other teams in a game of trivia.|
|Various categories based on this year’s theme, PFB Tailgate, will test your knowledge on sports, agriculture and more!|
$125 per team
November 1, 2019
|Bragging rights and the Traveling Trivia Night Trophy. Other prizes will be awarded throughout the contest.|
|All funds raised at Trivia Night benefit the PA Friends of Agriculture Foundation by supporting all its programs promoting ag education across the state and beyond.|